The Indonesian Search Landscape
The most important web search engine for the Indonesian market is Google, like almost everywhere else in the world. With the Indonesian language being written in latin characters and words seperated by blank characters (so in writing being more similar to western languages than to Chinese, Japanese or Korean) the techniques of SEO are more similar to those in the USA or Europe. The difference is, that the competitive landscape is not as hard yet. So it might be the perfect time to start entering the Indonesian market and building authority and trust.
- Population size: 276.4 Million (2021 - Source: data.worldbank.org)
- Internet penetration: 75% (2021 - Source: Statista)
- Most popular web search engines: Google
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP): 1.186 Trillion USD (2021 - Source: data.worldbank.org)
- Languages: Indonesian (written in latin letters)
- Time zones GMT +7
- Major cities: Jakarta, Surabaya, Bandung and Bekasi
- Most popular Internet TLDs: .com / .id
A selection of our Indonesian SEO Services:
- Indonesian Competitor Analysis
- Technical SEO Audits
- Strategical International SEO Audits
- Indonesian Content SEO Audits
- Offpage / Backlink SEO Audits
- Indonesian Keyword Research
- Indonesian Content Creation
- Content Marketing
- Internal Link Optimization
Some of our Indonesia SEO Services clients:
On average we could achieve the following results for our SEO clients:
32%Increase in online transactions
148%Increase in organic traffic
46%Increase in mobile traffic
What do people want to know about SEO for Indonesia?
Which search engines are most commonl used in Indonesia?Maybe it is not much of surprise, that Google is the most important searcch engine in Indonesia. There are currenly no local search engines around and Bing has got a market share of around 1% only.
Is SEO for Indonesia different?Taking into consideration, that SEO for Indonesia is basically SEO for Google, the technical basis and core principles of SEO are about the same. But still SEO for Indonesia is not as hard as SEO for the US market for example, as there is way less competition. For early movers, this could be quite a chance in gaining authority and trust for the Indonesian search market quickly.
"A successful Indonesian SEO strategy is based on high quality content and the front/backend optimization of your online store/Website. Digital Authority is built by organically indexing the right keywords to your Brand and have your products as a reference in East Asian platforms."
Qing He, Head of Search, Jadegital